|NetResults Tracker Help
Knowledge Base || |
The Knowledge Base is a feature that facilitates the
process of creating and publishing articles to allow
end users (customers, vendors, partners, any users)
to search these articles for answers to questions and issues.
Providing an information source that end users
can use self-sufficiently reduces the effort
needed to support end users. The Knowledge Base also
provides a means of documenting and proliferating information
to minimize the time needed to resolve an issue.
Enabling the Knowledge Base
To enable the Knowledge Base, go to the General
Preferences section by performing the following steps:
- Login to the Knowledge Base workgroup as Admin
- Click on the Admin icon
- Click on the General Preferences link
- Scroll to the Knowledge Base section, set the preference
called Enable Knowledge Base to "Yes". If this option is not displayed in this section, this indicates the feature hasn't been licensed.
- Click OK to save this change
Knowledge Base Components
There are several
components of the Knowledge Base that can be customized:
- Workflow - You can configure a set of workflow steps for the process
of creating, reviewing, and publishing Knowledge base articles.
A new Knowledge Base workgroup has a default workflow configured
which is explained in detail in the Knowledge Base template section of
this Help Guide.
- Search Page - Customize the page where users will perform searches.
You will be able to select the content displayed and options provided
such as search methods (all words, any word, exact phrase) and
- Results Page - Define the fields that will be displayed as part of the search results.
- Item Page - Design how each individual Knowledge Base article will be displayed
e.g. which field will be used as the article's title, which other
fields will be included in the article.
- Preferences - Set preferences such as date and time formats that are applied to the
Knowledge Base for all searches.
- Customize the KB Pages with your own HTML - The Search, Results, and Item pages include the ability to add your own HTML
to change the look and feel of the pages presented to your users. For example,
you may wish to add your company logo or other branding information to the pages.
Refer to the
sections for each component above for details on customizing the
HTML for each of the Knowledge Base pages.
NetResults Tracker © 1997-2017 NetResults Corporation. All rights reserved.