System Requirements || |
Web Browser Machine
- Any platform on which Internet Explorer (version 5.5 or 6.0) or Firefox (version 1.5 or 2.0) is available.
- Internet Explorer (version 5.5 or 6.0) or Firefox (version 1.5 or 2.0).
- No Tracker software needs to be installed on the web browser machine.
Tracker software is only installed on the web server machine.
Web Server Machine
- A 1.0 GHz Intel Pentium III-compatible (or faster) processor is required.
A 2.0 GHz (or faster) Intel Pentium 4-compatible dual core processor or 2.8 GHz (or faster) Intel Pentium 4-compatible
single core processor is recommended.
- A minimum of 256 MB of RAM is required. 1 GB of RAM is recommended.
- 75 MB of disk space to install Tracker with one workgroup,
plus approximately 50 MB of disk space for each additional workgroup.
These estimates include 20 MB of disk space for file attachments per workgroup. You may need more.
These estimates include 20 MB of disk space for each workgroup database. This is generally sufficient
for up to 2000 records (issues). Your actual disk space usage depends on how many records (issues) you
have and how much data you enter in each record.
If a workgroup is configured to use SQL Server or Oracle as the database, the database
may be stored on another machine (the database server machine).
If you are using SQL Server or Oracle, additional disk space is required for the transaction log(s)
(amount of disk space required depends on the logging options you have configured).
- Windows 2000 Server with Service Pack 4 or Windows Server 2003 (32-bit version) operating system.
- Microsoft Internet Information Server 5.0 or 6.0.
IIS is included in Windows 2000 Server (IIS 5.0) and Windows Server 2003 (IIS 6.0).
- MDAC 2.5 or greater. This is included in Windows 2000 Server and Windows Server 2003.
- Microsoft JET 4.0 Service Pack 5 or greater. This is included in Windows
2000 with Service Pack 4 and Windows Server 2003.
- Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 5.0 (or 1.4.2) or Microsoft Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0, Update 12 is recommended. This can be
downloaded from Sun.
Sun JRE Version 6.0 does not currently (as of Update 1) work with the Sun JavaMail
software that we use for sending and receiving emails, so it cannot be used.
- Microsoft JScript 5.5 or greater is required. This is included with Internet
Explorer 5.5 or greater (if IE 5.5+ is installed on your server, you already
have JScript 5.5 or greater installed). It can also be downloaded and installed
- In order to integrate Source Code Control with Tracker,
Microsoft Visual SourceSafe Version 6.0 Server with Service Pack 5 or greater is required.
- If you are using SQL Server or Oracle as the database server, the database driver (client)
software must be installed on the web server machine.
- The web server machine is the only machine on which you need to install Tracker software.
Database Server Machine
A database server is not required to use Tracker. By default, it will use a Microsoft
Access (Jet 4.0) database (via the drivers on the web server machine).
However, Tracker can also be used with any of the following database systems.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 (Standard or Enterprise Edition)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 with Service Pack 1 or 2 (Standard or Enterprise Edition)
- Oracle Database 9i (Standard or Enterprise Edition)
- Oracle Database 10g (Standard or Enterprise Edition)
For database server hardware requirements for SQL Server or Oracle, please consult the appropriate
Microsoft or Oracle documentation. No Tracker software is installed on the database
Details about how to verify that you have the proper components
installed on your web server and database server and where to download
them if you do not can be found in the
Preparation for Installing
Tracker section of this manual.
For Further Information
For further information on NetResults Tracker, please browse
to our web site at www.NetResultsTracker.com.
There you can find the latest product, ordering, and support information.