Using Netscape Enterprise Server 3.6 (FastTrack and Enterprise Server 2.0) || |
The following instructions are specific to Netscape Enterprise Server 3.6. To
use Netscape Enterprise Server 2.0 or an older version of a Netscape web server such as FastTrack,
please read over these instructions and perform the same tasks using
the Netscape Administrator program appropriate to your web server.
To run ProblemTracker on a Netscape FastTrack 3.6x web server, you must
install it so that the ProblemTracker content and program directories are
visible to the server. If you are not familiar with this
process, please follow these steps:
- Run the Netscape Server Administrator from the Start Menu:
- Log in as the Server Administrator.
- Look for the Server name button in the section titled "Servers Supporting General Administration".
Verify that the Web Server is running. If it is not running
then start it. Click on the Server name button.
- Press the button labeled "Content Management" located in the button
bar across the top of the screen.
- Click on the link labeled "Additional Document Directories"
located on the left side of the screen.
- In the form that is displayed enter the appropriate content
subdirectory value (either "ptdev" or "ptweb") for
the "URL Prefix" field, and then enter the actual directory where
the ProblemTracker content directory was installed as the value for the
"Map To Directory:" field (for example if the web development version
of ProblemTracker was installed
into the c:\Netscape\SuiteSpot\Docs directory, you would
enter c:\Netscape\SuiteSpot\Docs\ptweb ). Press OK to add this
- Now click on the button labeled "Programs" located in
the button bar across the top of the screen.
- If you do not already have a CGI directory with a prefix
of /ptcgi (you can tell by looking at the bottom of the
screen in the table labeled "Current CGI directories") then
you can enter the value "ptcgi" in the "URL Prefix" field,
and the actual directory where the bots program directory was
installed as the value for the "CGI Directory:" field (for
example if ProblemTracker was installed into the
C:\Netscape\SuiteSpot\Docs directory, you would enter
C:\Netscape\SuiteSpot\Docs\ptcgi ). Press OK to add this
directory. If there is already a /ptcgi directory
defined, then you will need to copy all the files from
the ProblemTracker program directory to the existing ptcgi directory.